Sunday 31 January 2016

Task 2 - CV & Personal Statement

CV


Neil Ezekiel Rogero

26 Foxhill Road
Eccles, Manchester
M30 7PP

Mobile No: 07547 669606
DOB:  18th May 1997
Email: kiel_rogero@yahoo.co.uk


Profile

I work hard and persevere to achieve any responsibilities given to me. I put all my efforts in the task to make sure it is completed in a high standard. I work well independently as well as in a team and I am open into learning more skills. I am currently in the second year of my college taking games design and would like to expand my knowledge about retail industry and gain further expertise through employment.

Key Skills
  •   Teamwork
  •   Communication
  •   Problem Solving
  •   Flexibility
  •   Organisation
Education
September 2008-2013 (5 GCSE's Passed) - Wentworth High School.
Current Education - September 2013-2014 – Level 3 Games Design - Eccles College (BTEC)


Work History
Work Experience - Museum Tour Guide - Summer 2011-2012 (5 Days)

University of Salford43 The Crescent, Salford, Lancashire M5 4WT
0161 295 5000

From my work experience I have expanded my communication skills and confidence through various encounters with guests. I have enhanced my initiative and time management in giving them a guided tour around the museum. I’ve worked hard to be part of the team and achieved good listening skills to expand my skills further within the industry.

Hobbies/Interest
  •          Spending quality time with family and friends
  •          Keeping fit through various sports activities
  •          Computing hobbies for social reason
  •          Meeting new people
Reference
College Tutor: Salford City College, Eccles Sixth Form Centre
Lord Damen Bramwell                                                                     
Email: damen.bramwell@salfordcc.ac.uk
Phone: 0161 631 5810

Media Tutor: Salford City College, Eccles Sixth Form Centre
Harry Arnold
Email: harry.arnold@salfordcc.ac.uk
Phone: 0161 631 5000

Availability

Since I am still in college, I am only available to work part time – Monday (Finishing at 3:00), Wednesday, Thursday (Finishing at 4:30) Friday (Finishing at 3:00) and Sunday. I am also available during any holidays such as Christmas and half term.

Written Statement
I am currently studying Games Design Level 3 and wish to continue this at a higher level
because growing up as a child playing video games was one of my interests. I am interested in
games design because of the ingenuity of developing a video game and how it incorporates IT
skills, art and creativity. Another aspect of the subject that I enjoy is applying critical
thinking skills and your own imagination to develop game plays and characters. I also find
that within games design there will always be new challenges in producing advanced games
specification and trying to keep up with the new advancements in technology to appeal to the
consumer needs. I would like to progress the experience and knowledge that I have learnt
already through study at university.

To further pursue my ambition of developing my own video game and becoming successful in the
industry of games design, I wanted to utilise the opportunity of studying at university.
University will offer extensive resources and experiences that will help improve my current
skills and knowledge. A work placement as part of the course is something that really appeals
to me as it will give me valuable experience working in an industry I love. I am aware that
academic performance is also an important aspect of the course and thus through the
universities guidance I aim to achieve excellent marks that can complement practical placement
and enable me to become a successful games developer.

After university I would love to find a career in the game developer environment because I
would enjoy working in creative environments with people creating new characters, landscapes,
stories with all this you could be able to come up with something new and unique to any other
games. The main goal in the games industry is to make people enjoy the game and stand out to
any other developers. Since I am interested in video games I would really love to use key
skills I learnt at college and be able to work in a group developing skills like teamwork and
communication.

In high school I carried out work experience at in Salford University. I was placed at a
museum and worked around an office environment transferring information into a computer.
Whilst on placement, I learnt varieties of skills such as effective communication with staff
which helped me enhance my team working skills. I became more confident in decision making as
I was able to work independently. This attribute has benefited me for when I present
presentations to a group of people about my course. I am currently working in a fast food
chain and are responsibility of different roles depending on the customers' needs. I take on
the role as a cashier, take orders from customers as well as serve their orders. I also help
maintain the cleanliness of the store before and after working hours. Especially as I worked
weekends the busy environment helped me acquire time management skills which I know is
important in meeting assignment deadlines whilst in university. Being in college and having a
part time job improved my organisation skills as I have learnt to balance my priories between
studying and working. I look forward to developing my knowledge of the games industry and
games development through my university course and hope to be a huge success in the industry
one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment